Finally, I’m getting the break I deserve! Although I still have my internship going on as I have said in my previous post, I luckily have a very understanding boss who gave me the permission to be absent just for less than a week. That is why it’s confirmed – I’m flying to Boracay next week! Isn’t a new beach adventure just so exciting to plan and think of?
Red Dot did a huge help in the planning stage as they are one of the country’s most reliable travel service providers but besides the planning phase, it’s actually the packing phase that’s quite a challenge for me. Visualizing all the looks that you’d want to wear on the beach is one but considering what to actually bring is the tough – yet still fun – part.
Worry no more though, because I got your back, fam! Here are 10 travel essentials that I think you should not forget to bring to your next beach adventure!
- Water Bottle. During the day – with all the heat, the energy, and the moving – it’s fast to be dehydrated. The mineral waters sold by the stores near the beach, however, could be a little too pricey. That’s why bringing your own water bottle that you could easily refill from wherever you are staying is just practical to do.
- Sunglasses. Did you know that it is recommended that you wear sunglasses between 10 AM and 4 PM as this is the time when the sun’s rays are at its strongest and our eyes could be most vulnerable to damage? Yes, that’s a fact according to Morag Lindsay of AVogelUK. so it is just the right thing to do to wear your sunnies in order to protect your eyes… and also to look fabulous, right?
- Lotion with SPF/Sunscreen/Sunblock. The eyes are not the only sense organs that are most vulnerable when you’re by the beach or are just exposed to the sun’s heat. Your skin is also affected so using lotions with SPF or sunscreens are necessary to keep your skin from sunburn or dryness.
- Lip Balm or Petroleum Jelly. Lip balms are important to keep your lips moisturized. But for me, a petroleum jelly is just as good of an alternative. It moisturizes your lips in order for them not to be chapped. Who doesn’t want unchapped lips, right?
- Beach Bag. This is where you will put your things on the go. It may be a little shoulder bag or a drawstring bag, you choose. 😉
- Hat. This is not just a fashion accessory, loves! Your hat does its job of giving more coverage in protecting your eyes, face, and neck from the sun’s rays. I’ve also read that wearing a hat and sunglasses prevents you from squinting so you could avoid wrinkles in the future.
- Swimwear/Bikinis. You do not need to have that supermodel body just to slay these. All you need is confidence, loves! So get those adorable one-piece or two-piece and include it in your suitcase for your next beach travel.
- Cover-ups. For a more stylish look, you can also wear your cover-ups!
- Flipflops. The beach is one of the places where you could be as casual as possible. That’s why flipflops are the best footwear in the beach. You may also consider this as you don’t want to wear something you’re afraid to break or lose when you go for a swim.
- Waterproof Makeup. This may be optional though but still, it’s nice to still have an enhanced look when you’re on the beach. It’s not practical to wear heavy makeup though. If it was up to me, I probably wouldn’t put any foundation and just opt for eyebrows, some mascara, and lip tint.
Some bonus essentials:
- Headphones/Portable Speakers. I definitely love music so if I’m going to just stay by the shore and do people-watch or whatever, my headphones or maybe a portable speaker is something I wouldn’t want to forget.
- Good book to read. If you’re a sucker for books like me then you know the drill. Read a book while sitting on those beach or lounge chairs.
Thank you for reading, loves! Are there any travel essentials that you bring to the beach? Comment down below!
Follow me on